Could Santa really be a she? Think about it. Christmas is a big, organized, warm, fuzzy, nurturing,
social deal, and I have a tough time believing a guy could possibly pull it all off
For starters, the vast majority of men don’t even think about selecting gifts until
Christmas Eve. Once at the mall, they always seem surprised to find only Ronco products,
socket wrench sets and mood rings left on the shelves. On this count alone, I’m convinced
Santa is a woman.
Surely, if he were a man, everyone in the universe would wake up Christmas morning to find
a rotating musical Chia Pet under the tree - still in the bag.
Another problem for a he-Santa would be getting there. First of all, there would be no
reindeer because they would all be dead, gutted and strapped on to the rear bumper of the
sleigh amid wide-eyed, desperate claims that buck season had been extended. Blitzen’s rack
be on the way to the taxidermist.
Even if the male Santa DID have reindeer, he’d still have transportation problems because
he would inevitably get lost up there in the snow and clouds, and then refuse to stop and
ask for directions.
Other reasons why Santa can’t possibly be a man:
* Men can’t pack a bag;
* Men would rather be dead than caught wearing red velvet;
* Men would feel their masculinity is threatened by being seen with all those elves;
* Men don’t answer their mail;
* Men would refuse to allow their physique to be described, even in jest, as anything
remotely resembling a “bowlful of jelly”;
* Men aren’t interested in stockings unless somebody’s wearing them;
* Having to do the “Ho-Ho-Ho” thing would seriously inhibit their ability to
pick up women;
* Finally, being responsible for Christmas would require a commitment.
I can buy the fact that other mythical characters are men:
* Father Time shows up once a year unshaven and looking ominous - definitely a guy;
* Cupid flies around carrying weapons; and
* Uncle Sam is a politician who likes to point fingers.
Any one of these individuals could pass the testosterone screening test.
But not St. Nick.
Christmas & Feminist Sections
Chocolate Easter Bunnies
Did You Say Happy Easter?
Taking No Chance with the Mother-In-Law
Egg Hatch Breakfast
Happy Easter, Big Guy
Easter Egg Drop-outs
Spring Sock Clearance
Easter Identity Theft
Easter Preparation Down Under
Easter Style Stars