Canada entered the Space Age by launching its own spacecraft from Kanata, Ontario. It sent into orbit three astronauts and a monkey. Before blastoff, each crew member (including the monkey) was handed a sealed envelope with the instructions that none of the envelopes was to be opened until the craft had attained orbit.
The launch went well. When the craft was in orbit, the three astronauts (including the monkey) opened their envelopes.
The monkey’s letter listed the tasks he was scheduled to perform:
1. Recheck the fuel supplies;
2. Review the instrumentation;
3. Align the solar panels;
4. Recycle all urine for drinking purposes;
5. Check the automatic guiding systems;
6. Conduct the ten scientific experiments agreed upon.
Then the three astronauts opened their letters. Each letter contained only one instruction: “Don’t forget to feed the monkey.”
Canada & Space Sections
It's A Boy!
Tombs Of The Prophets