1. Calculate the smallest limb diameter on a persimmon tree that will support a 10 pound possum.
2. Which of the following cars will rust out the quickest when placed on blocks in your front yard? A) ’66 Ford Fairlane B) ’69 Chevrolet Chevelle C) ’64 Pontiac GTO
3. If your uncle builds a still that operates at a capacity of 20 gallons of shine per hour, how many car radiators are necessary to condense the product?
4. A woodcutter has a chain saw that operates at 2700 rpm. The density of the pine trees in a plot to be harvested is 470 per acre. The plot is 2.3 acres in size. The average tree diameter is 14 inches. How many Budweiser Tallboys will it take to cut the trees?
5. If every old refrigerator in the state vented a charge of R-12 simultaneously, what would be the decrease in the ozone layer?
6. A front porch is constructed of 2x8 pine on 24-inch centers with a field rock foundation. The span is 8 feet and the porch length is 16 feet. The porch floor is 1 inch rough sawn pine. When the porch collapses, how many hound dogs will be killed?
7. A man owns a house and 3.7 acres of land in a hollow with an average slope of 15%. The man has 5 children. Can each of the children place a mobile home on the man’s land?
8. A 2-ton truck is overloaded and proceeding down a steep grade on a secondary road at 45 mph. The brakes fail. Given the average traffic loading of secondary roads, how many people will swerve to avoid the truck before it crashes at the bottom of the mountain?
* For extra credit, how many of the vehicles that swerved will have mufflers and uncracked windshields?
9. A coal mine operates an NFPA Class 1, Division 2 Hazardous Area. The mine employs 120 miners per shift. A gas warning is issued at the beginning of 3rd shift. How many cartons of unfiltered Camels will be smoked during the shift?
10. How many generations will it take before cattle develop two legs shorter than the others because of grazing along a mountainside?
11. At a reduction in gene pool variability rate of 7.5% per generation, how long will it take a town that has been bypassed by the interstate to breed a country-western singer?
How Rednecks succeed at College
Tests of love always end badly. - Melanie Thernstrom
I graduated first in my class from alibi school. - Jeffrey McDaniel
Truth is simple, requiring neither study nor art. - Ammian
Pedestrian: a man whose son is home from college. - Unknown
The first test of a truly great man is his humility. - John Ruskin
Most every dental school has discount dental services. - Matthew Lesko
The best intelligence test is what we do with our leisure. - Laurence J. Peter
The tests of life are not meant to break you but make you. - Norman Vincent Peale
A college education shows a man how little other people know. - T.C. Hailburton
I didn’t fail the test. I just found 100 ways to do it wrong. - Benjamin Franklin
I was a great student at a great school, Wharton School of Finance. - Donald Trump
I don't want to send them to jail. I want to send them to school. - Adlai Stevenson
Success can test one's mettle as surely as the strongest adversary. - Unknown
Law school is the opposite of sex. Even when it's good it's lousy. - Unknown
You know you're a redneck if your home has wheels and your car doesn't. - Jeff Foxworthy
The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching. - John Wooden
Scientists discover the world that exists; engineers create the world that never was. - Theodore von Karman
I study myself more than any other subject. That is my metaphysics, that is my physics, - Michel de Montaigne
He who devotes 16 hours a day to hard study may become as wise at 60 as he thought himself at 20. - Mary Wilson Little
This is the first test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him. - William Lyon Phelps
You might be a redneck if your wheelbarrow breaks and it takes four relatives to figure out how to fix it. - Jeff Foxworthy
It used to take me all vacation to grow a new hide in place of the one they flogged off me during school term. - Mark Twain
In school, every period ends with a bell. Every sentence ends with a period. Every crime ends with a sentence. - Steven Wright
Physics is about questioning, studying, probing nature. You probe, and, if you're lucky, you get strange clues. - Lene Hau
I went to a Catholic boys' school for a year, but that was to play hockey. Religion class was quite contentious for me. - Keanu Reeves
A convention is a splendid place to study human nature. Man in a crowd is quite a different creature than man acting alone. - William Jennings Bryan
I think sleeping was my problem in school. If school had started at four in the afternoon, I'd be a college graduate today. - George Foreman
This, then, is the test we must set for ourselves; not to march alone but to march in such a way that others will wish to join us. - Hubert H. Humphrey
Camping is not a date; it's an endurance test. If you can survive camping with someone, you should marry them on the way home. - Yvonne Prinz
You can imagine me as a kid growing up in redneck Texas with ballet shoes, tucking the violin under my arm. I had to fight my way up. - Patrick Swayze
My son really has the spirit of Valentine's Day. When he was in college, he used to send his mother a heart-shaped box of laundry. - Milton Berle
A study in the Washington Post says that women have better verbal skills than men. I just want to say to the authors of that study: Duh. - Conan O'Brien
When I finished school, I took one of those career-aptitude tests, and based on my verbal ability score, they suggested I become a mime. - Tim Cavanagh
Never look down to test the ground before taking your next step; only he who keeps his eye fixed on the far horizon will find his right road. - Dag Hammarskjold
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. - Pele
Graduation speeches were invented largely in the belief that college students should never be released into the world until they have been properly sedated. - Garry Trudeau
Blind faith, no matter how passionately expressed, will not suffice. Science for its part will test relentlessly every assumption about the human condition. - E.O. Wilson
I make two movies a year to take care of the butcher and the baker and the school fees. Then I try to write, but it's not that easy. Acting is what's easy. - David Niven
President Obama smoked so much pot in college he never learned to spell. Which is why he's confusing the word "ruining" the country with "running" the country. - Kilburn Hall
There is nothing, Sir, too little for so little a creature as man. It is by studying little things that we attain the great art of having a little misery and as much happiness as possible. - Samuel Johnson
College, Engineering & Redneck Sections
Anything To Pass The Exam
Apocryphal Metaphors from Student Essays
Children’s Science Exam Answers
Inspiring School Exams
Row Your Goat
Moment Just Before Being Soaked... @ T - 1
Bridge Claimed Another One
Thin Polar Bear
They Found Your Balls
Hard Working Cop
Cattle Herding in Africa
How Bachelors Kill Moths
The Art Of Politics