Pep, Texas 79353
Smiley, Texas 78159
Paradise, Texas 76073
Rainbow, Texas 76077
Sweet Home, Texas 77987
Comfort , Texas 78013
Friendship, Texas 76530
Love the sun?
Sun City, Texas 78628
Sunrise, Texas 76661
Sunset, Texas 76270
Sundown, Texas 79372
Sunray, Texas 79086
Sunny Side, Texas 77423
Want something to eat?
Bacon, Texas 76301
Noodle, Texas 79536
Oatmeal, Texas 78605
Turkey, Texas 79261
Trout, Texas 75789
Sugar Land, Texas 77479
Salty, Texas 76567
Rice, Texas 75155
Pearland, Texas 77581
Orange, Texas 77630
Sweetwater , Texas 79556
Why travel to other cities? Texas has them all...
Detroit, Texas 75436
Cleveland, Texas 75436
Colorado City, Texas 79512
Denver City, Texas 79323
Klondike, Texas 75448
Pittsburg, Texas 75686
Newark, Texas 76071
Nevada, Texas 75173
Memphis, Texas 79245
Miami, Texas 79059
Boston, Texas 75570
Santa Fe, Texas 77517
Tennessee Colony, Texas 75861
Reno, Texas 75462
Pasadena, Texas 77506
Columbus, Texas 78934
Feel like traveling outside the country?
Athens, Texas 75751
Canadian, Texas 79014
China , Texas 77613
Dublin, Texas 76446
Egypt, Texas 77436
Ireland, Texas 76538
Italy, Texas 76538
Turkey, Texas 79261
London, Texas 76854
New London, Texas 75682
Paris, Texas 75460
Palestine, Texas 75801
No need to travel to Washington D.C.
Whitehouse, Texas 75791
We even have a city named after our planet...
Earth, Texas 79031
We have a city named after our state...
Texas City, Texas 77590
Energy, Texas 76452
Blanket, Texas 76432
Winters, Texas 79567
Like to read about History?
Santa Anna, Texas 76878
Goliad, Texas 77963
Alamo, Texas 78516
Gun Barrel City, Texas 75156
Robert Lee , Texas 76945
Need Office Supplies?
Staples, Texas 78670
Want to go into outer space?
Venus , Texas 76084
Mars , Texas 79062
You guessed it. It’s on the state line...
Texline , Texas 79087
For the kids...
Kermit, Texas 79745
Elmo, Texas 75118
Nemo, Texas 76070
Tarzan, Texas 79783
Winnie, Texas 77665
Sylvester, Texas 79560
Other city names in Texas , to make you smile...
Frognot, Texas 75424
Bigfoot, Texas 78005
Hogeye, Texas 75423
Cactus, Texas 79013
Notrees, Texas 79759
Best, Texas 76932
Veribest, Texas 76886
Kickapoo, Texas 75763
Dime Box, Texas 77853
Old Dime Box, Texas 77853
Telephone, Texas 75488
Telegraph, Texas 76883
Whiteface, Texas 79379
Twitty, Texas 79079
And our favorites...
Cut and Shoot, Texas 77303
Gun Barrel City , Texas 75147
Ding Dong, Texas
West, Texas (but it’s in Central Texas)
and, of course...
Muleshoe, Texas 79347
Jeff Foxworthy on folks from Texas
If someone in a Lowe’s store offers you assistance and they don’t work there, you may live in Texas;
If you’ve worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you may live in Texas;
If you’ve had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you may live in Texas;
If “Vacation” means going anywhere south of Dallas for the weekend, you may live in Texas;
If you measure distance in hours, you may live in Texas;
If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you may live in Texas;
If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you may live in Texas;
If you carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you may live in Texas;
If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph - you’re going 80 and everybody’s passing you, you may live in Texas;
If you find 60 degrees “a little chilly,” you may live in Texas;
If you actually understand these jokes, and share them with all your Texas friends, you definitely live in Texas.
Little known facts about Texas
1. Beaumont to El Paso: 742 miles
2. Beaumont to Chicago: 770 miles
3. El Paso is closer to California than to Dallas
4. World’s first rodeo was in Pecos , July 4, 1883.
5. The Flagship Hotel in Galveston is the only hotel in North America built over water. (Destroyed by Hurricane Ike - 2008)
6. The Heisman Trophy was named after John William Heisman who was the first full-time coach at Rice University in Houston.
7. Brazoria County has more species of birds than any other area in North America.
8. Aransas Wildlife Refuge is the winter home of North America’s only remaining flock of whooping cranes.
9. Jalapeno jelly originated in Lake Jackson in 1978.
10. The worst natural disaster in U.S. history was in 1900, caused by a hurricane in which over 8,000 lives were lost on Galveston Island.
11. The first word spoken from the moon, July 20, 1969, was “Houston,” but the Space Center was actually in Clear Lake City at the time.
12. King Ranch in South Texas is larger than Rhode Island.
13. Tropical Storm Claudette brought a U.S. rainfall record of 43" in 24 hours in and around Alvin , TX in July of 1979.
14. Texas is the only state to enter the U.S. by TREATY, (known as the Constitution of 1845 by the Republic of Texas to enter the Union) instead of by annexation. This allows the Texas Flag to fly at the same height as the U.S. Flag, and may divide into 5 states.
15. A live Oak tree near Fulton is estimated to be 1500 years old.
16. Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in the state.
17. Dr Pepper was invented in Waco in 1885. There is no period in Dr Pepper.
18. Texas has had six capital cities: Washington-on-the Brazos, Harrisburg, Galveston, Velasco, West Columbia and Austin.
19. The Capitol Dome in Austin is the only dome in the U.S. which is taller than the Capitol Building in Washington, DC (by 7 feet).
20. The San Jacinto Monument is the tallest free standing monument in the world, and it is taller than the Washington Monument.
21. The name “Texas” comes from the Hasini Indian word “tejas” meaning friends. Tejas is not Spanish for Texas.
22. The State Mascot is the Armadillo. An interesting bit of trivia about the armadillo is they always have four babies. They have one egg, which splits into four, and they either have four males or four females.
23. The first domed stadium in the U.S. was the Astrodome in Houston.
Cowboy’s Ten Commandments posted on the wall at
(1) Just one God.
Cross Trails Church in Fairlie, Texas
(2) Honor yer Ma & Pa.
(3) No telling tales or gossipin’.
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meeting.
(5) Put nothin’ before God.
(6) No foolin’ around with another fellow’s gal.
(7) No killin’.
(8) Watch yer mouth.
(9) Don’t take what ain’t yers.
(10) Don’t be hankerin’ for yer buddy’s stuff.
Y’all git all that?
Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth.
Texas is as odd as it is vast. - Henry Rollins
You can always tell a Texan, but not much. - Unknown
Parts of Texas look like Kansas with a goiter. - Unknown
I never saw anything funnier than Texas politics. - Molly Ivins
Texas is a hotbed of insanely good bands and musicians. - Henry Rollins
Calling a taxi in Texas is like calling a rabbi in Iraq. - Fran Lebowitz
In plain Texas talk, it's 'do the right thing'. - Ross Perot
I'm super laid back. I'm from Texas. I love my family. - Selena Gomez
In Texas it's always hot, dry, sunny, not a cloud in the sky. - Piper Perabo
The folks in Mississippi are saying, 'Thank God for Texas.' - Kinky Friedman
Texas is now a cornerstone of the electoral college for Republicans. - Ed Gillespie
You know the good part about all those executions in Texas? Fewer Texans. - George Carlin
We also sleep in separate beds. Hers is in California and mine is in Texas. - Red Skelton
News events are like Texas weather. If you don't like it, wait a minute. - Jessica Savitch
The landscape of Texas is in all my work. It's that light; it's that sky. - Robert Wilson
Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may. - Sam Houston
How can you look at the Texas legislature and still believe in intelligent design? - Kinky Friedman
Being from Texas, I would say I favor a pair of jeans you can wear some boots with. - Jensen Ackles
I thought I knew Texas pretty well, but I had no notion of its size until I campaigned it. - Ann Richards
If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you. If he's not, why embarrass him by asking? - John Gunther
Some folks look at me and see a certain swagger, which in Texas is called 'walking.' - George W. Bush
The definition of insanity in Texas is so insane that it's impossible to be insane in Texas. - Malcolm McDowell
I'm from Texas, and one of the reasons I like Texas is because there's no one in control. - Willie Nelson
Most of my memories of Texas are of mosquitoes, watermelons, crickets, and my brother teasing me. - Robin Wright
Good thing we've still got politics in Texas - finest form of free entertainment ever invented. - Molly Ivins
Bond reflected that good Americans were fine people and that most of them seemed to come from Texas. - Ian Fleming
I don't think I'm a celebrity. I'm just a guy from east Texas who loves cars and airplanes. - Carroll Shelby
When I make a vow to God, then I would suggest to you that's even stronger than a handshake in Texas. - Rick Perry
You can take the girl out of Texas but not the Texas out of the girl and ultimately not the girl out of Texas. - Janine Turner
The reason gas prices are so high is because the oil is in Texas and Oklahoma and all the dipsticks are in Washington. - Yakov Smirnoff
You can imagine me as a kid growing up in redneck Texas with ballet shoes, tucking the violin under my arm. I had to fight my way up. - Patrick Swayze
The sky in Texas is the most amazing sky in the whole country, I think, like you can see more sky in Texas than you can see anywhere else in the world. - dina Menzel
The pleasure of jogging and running is rather like that of wearing a fur coat in Texas in August: the true joy comes in being able to take the damn thing off. - Joseph Epstein
If you want to surf, move to Hawaii. If you like to shop, move to New York. If you like acting and Hollywood, move to California. But if you like college football, move to Texas. - Ricky Williams
History, Language & Redneck Sections
Almost Everything’s Bigger in Texas
“BIG” Texas Rattlesnake
Cleared to Land
Everything Is Bigger In Texas
My Daughter & My Money
Negotiations Texas Style
Only In Texas
Redneck Porch Hunter
Room Service in a Texas Hotel
Shopping In Texas
Survivor - Texas Style (2013)
Texas Bank Security
Texas Car Wash
Texas Chili Taster
Texas Cow Cleaner
Texas Hunting Vehicle
Texas Motorcycle Seat
Texas Office Chair
Texas Outhouse Art
Texas Rain Gauge
Texas Rocking Chair
Texas Speed Camera
Texas Style Arrest
Texas Three-Kick Rule
Texas Wildcat Dentist
Fat Monkey Sculpture
Buddha Is Watching You
Picnic Boat Launch
Carnations vs. Roses
After Easter Bunny
Manitoba Spring Day
Catch Up With Jesus
Forgotten Easter Eggs
What's In Easter?
Texas Easter Bunny
Easter Elephant Eggs
Easter Egg Hunt
Chocolate Easter Bunnies