To all of my fellow office workers...
1. Never give me work in the morning. Always wait until 4:00 p.m. and then bring it to me. The challenge of a deadline is refreshing.
2. If it’s really a rush job, run in and interrupt me every 10 minutes to inquire how it’s going. That helps. Or even better, hover behind me, advising me at every keystroke.
3. Always leave without telling anyone where you’re going. It gives me a chance to be creative when someone asks were you are.
4. If my arms are full of papers, boxes, books, or supplies, don’t open the door for me. I need to learn how to function as a paraplegic and opening doors with no arms is good training in case I should ever be injured and lost all use of my limbs.
5. If you give me more than one job to do, don’t tell me which is the priority. I am psychic.
6. Do your best to keep me late. I adore this office and really have nowhere to go or anything to do. I have no life beyond work.
7. If a job I do pleases you, keep it a secret. If that gets out, it could mean a promotion.
8. If you don’t like my work, tell everyone. I like my name to be popular in conversations. I was born to be whipped.
9. If you have special instructions for a job, don’t write them down. In fact, save them until the job is almost done. No use confusing me with useful information.
10. Never introduce me to people you’re with. I have no right to know anything. In the corporate food chain, I am plankton. When you refer to them later, my shrewd deductions will identify them.
11. Be nice to me only when the job I’m doing for you could really change your life and send you straight to manager’s hell.
12. Tell me all your little problems. No one else has any and it’s nice to know someone is less fortunate. I especially like the story about having to pay such high taxes on the bonus check you received for being such a good manager.
13. Wait until my yearly review and THEN tell me what my goals SHOULD have been. Give me a mediocre performance rating with a cost of living increase. I’m not here for the money, anyway.
Work is much more fun than fun. - Noel Coward
Give me a man who sings at his work. - Thomas Carlyle
If you want peace, you must work for justice. - Pope Paul VI
Never despair, but if you do, work on in despair. - Edmund Burke
It can't be epic if there's no challenge to it. - Jennifer E Smith
It is only when I am doing my work that I am truly alive. - Federico Fellini
What the world really needs is more love and less paper work. - Pearl Bailey
Work before pleasure - for there is no real pleasure without work. - Unknown
Careful thinking and hard work will solve nearly all your problems. - Ullery
There is no prejudice that the work of art does not finally overcome. - Andre Gide
Man - a creature created at the end of a work week when God was tired. - Mark Twain
The way to make a film is to begin with an earthquake and work up to a climax. - Cecil B. DeMille
A hospital should also have a recovery room adjoining the cashier's office. - Francis O'Walsh
Basically, I no longer work for anything but the sensation I have while working. - Albert Giacometti
A goal casually set and lightly taken is freely abandoned at the first obstacle. - Zig Ziglar
Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work. - Peter F Drucker
Seek the lofty by reading, hearing and seeing great work at some moment every day. - Thornton Wilder
If I have one advantage, it's that I will try to work harder than the next guy. - Jay Leno
I have been all things unholy; if God can work through me, He can work through anyone. - St Francis of Assisi
I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place. - Steven Wright
I don't work out. If God wanted us to bend over, he'd put diamonds on the floor. - Joan Rivers
A first-rate laboratory is one in which mediocre scientists can produce outstanding work. - Patrick M.S. Blackett
Children are not a distraction for more important work. They are the most important work. - C S Lewis
A work is perfectly finished only when nothing can be added to it and nothing taken away. - Joseph Joubert
I believe that visualization is one of the most powerful means of achieving personal goals. - Harvey Mackay
Stop setting goals. Goals are pure fantasy unless you have a specific plan to achieve them. - Stephen Covey
The surest way to establish your credit is to work yourself into the position of not needing any. - Maurice Switzer
In absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia. - Unknown
Sometimes you have to work hard for what you want. Sometimes, hard work is what makes it precious. - Ute Carbone
A lot of what passes for depression these days is nothing more than a body saying that it needs work. - Geoffrey Norman
Decide what you want, what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work. - HL Hunt
One machine can do the work of a hundred ordinary men, but no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man. - Elbert Hubbard
Every person I work with knows something better than me. My job is to listen long enough to find it and use it. - Jack Nichols
One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important. - Bertrand Russell
I think people should be allowed to do anything they want. We haven't tried that for a while. Maybe this time it'll work. - George Carlin
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - Martin Luther King, Jr.
If you are bored with life, if you don't get up every morning with a burning desire to do things – you don't have enough goals. - Lou Holtz
Halloween is one of my favorite days of the year. I have a strict rule: I don't work on Halloween and I won't travel on Halloween. - Simon Sinek
Give your subconscious a chance to work by turning your brain off from time to time. Don't focus on work or solving problems constantly. - Harvey Mackay
When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal. - Napoleon Hill
Office & Work Sections
Beach Trick - Head's Up
Turbo Charged Computer
Redneck Neighborhood Watch
Time To Hang Up The Thong
Our Grate Lord
Vertical Roller Coaster Ride
Portuguese Airport Runway
Nintendo Wedding Cake
Going Nowhere Mall
Montreal Canadian Fan
Canadian Man Cave
Wine Gum Lamp