- Have dinner ready, Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready, on time for his return.
This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favourite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.
- Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you’ll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
- Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.
- Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before
your husband arrives.
- Gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper etc. and then run a dustcloth over the tables.
- Over the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering for his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
- Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children’s hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair and, if necessary, change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part. Minimise all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet.
- Be happy to see him.
- Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.
- Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first - remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
- Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner, or other places of entertainment without you. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax.
- Your goal: Try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquility where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.
- Don’t greet him with complaints and problems.
- Don’t complain if he’s late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day.
- Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.
- Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.
- Don’t ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness.
You have no right to question
- A good wife always knows her place.
Luck is preparation meeting opportunity. - Oprah Winfrey
There is no preparation for sudden celebrity. - Scarlett Johannson
Would a lion cheat on his wife? No, but a Tiger Would. - Unknown
No man should plant more garden than his wife can hoe. - Old Saying
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. - Seneca
This is a feminist bookstore. There is no humour section. - John Callahan
A woman is attractive when she is somebody else's wife. - African Proverb
I give unto my wife my second best bed, with the furniture. - William Shakespeare
A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong. - Rodney Dangerfield
Before you marry keep both eyes open; after marriage shut one. - Jamaican Proverb
The more you invest in a marriage, the more valuable it becomes. - Amy Grant
Those who know the value of time use it in preparation for eternity. - Dugnet
There is not so variable a thing in nature as a lady's head-dress. - Joseph Addison
My wife likes the hockey smell because it's the smell of a warrior. - David Walton
I wouldn't be caught dead marrying a woman old enough to be my wife. - Tony Curtis
After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relations. - Oscar Wilde
I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman. - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Marriage is really tough because you have to deal with feelings and lawyers. - Richard Pryor
My best friend ran away with my wife. And let me tell you, I really miss him. - Henny Youngman
If you treat your wife like a thoroughbred, you'll never end up with a nag. - Zig Ziglar
I have often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my wife to go swimming. - Jimmy Carter
The cure for a broken heart is simple, my lady. A hot bath and a good night's sleep. - Margaret George
My body is like breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I don't think about it, I just have it. - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Without the will, marriage is a mockery; without the emotion, it is a drudgery. You need both. - Ravi Zacharias
I'm not a real movie star. I've still got the same wife I started out with 28 years ago. - Will Rogers
A psychiatrist is a fellow who asks you a lot of expensive questions your wife asks for nothing. - Joey Adams
Don't forget Mother's Day. Or as they call it in Beverly Hills, Dad's Third Wife Day. - Jay Leno
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Gen. Colin L. Powell
Many marriages would be better if the husband and wife clearly understood that they are on the same side. - Zig Ziglar
My wife is on a diet. Coconuts and bananas. She hasn't lost any weight, but she can sure climb a tree. - Henny Youngman
Food: The response Mom usually gives in answer to the question, "What's for dinner tonight?" - Daffynitions joe-ks.com
Marriage is the only known example of the happy meeting of the immovable object and the irresistible force. - Ogden Nash
The Honourable Lady was once an egg and people on both sides of this House greatly regret its fertilisation. - Nicholas Fairbairn
A wise man will never tell his wife to keep quiet. He will tell her she looks beautiful with her mouth closed. - Unknown
Honolulu - it's got everything. Sand for the children, sun for the wife, sharks for the wife's mother. - Ken Dodd
Marriage is like a beleaguered fortress: those who are outside want to get in, and those inside want to get out. - French Proverb
We in the industry know that behind every successful screenwriter stands a woman. And behind her stands his wife. - Groucho Marx
It is very vulgar to talk about one's business. Only people like stockbrokers do that, and then merely at dinner parties. - Oscar Wilde
In every marriage more than a week old, there are grounds for divorce. The trick is to find, and continue to find, grounds for marriage. - Robert Anderson
I'm readin' in the paper where the CIA is dopin' people up. Maybe somebody injected some of that LSD in the lady's cottage cheese. - Archie Bunker